We are currently looking to expand our collaborative team with someone who has a passion for health and fitness! Our client base is quite diverse but our target demographics include lovers of movement, avid exercisers and elite level athletes and teams.
Below are our career opportunities!
To facilitate the client experience and be an important part of the team in our client’s personal wellness and/or athletic journey. This goal is achieved by working closely with the practitioners to understand each of their skill sets and the needs of the patient to facilitate in-house referrals and to support smooth operations within the clinic including effective patient flow and efficient administrative tasks.
The Athlete Centre’s mission:
We are challenging the status quo in injury prevention and redefining rehab to support an active community and keep people doing what they love. As a team of dedicated and passionate therapists we take the time to understand your unique goals, educate on the how and why and provide an individualized plan that supports you every step of the way. Through manual therapy, exercise and nutrition, our therapists provide an elite level of excellence that meets the needs of every body. We use our experience in working with Olympic and Paralympic athletes to provide an integrated, collaborative approach which will inspire active individuals to realize their potential. The Athlete Centre is a committed part of your life team to empower you to move better, and gives you the tools you need to achieve your goals
Who we are:
We are big on connecting and engaging with our community through outreach, workshops/speaker series and spreading the love through social media and other channels. We are committed to supporting our staff through in-house learning opportunities and sharing our knowledge with each other in the staff room and open concept studio space. We have established an integrated group of practitioners who work, treat, and learn together. When we ask our staff what they love about The Athlete Centre, it’s the collaboration, team-atmosphere, aligned vision and values that set us apart from other places they’ve worked. We are a family.
Who you are:
As the first touchpoint for our clients, and a key part of our team, we’re looking for the perfect fit! You’re a team player and life-long learner. You live an active lifestyle and are passionate about movement. You bring a positive energy to work each day and care about the people that walk through the doors. You’re a go-getter and self-driven. You’re looking for a team and community where you can work, learn and grow.
- Effective communication skills with colleagues and clients in-person, electronically and over the phone.
- Excellent attention to detail and initiative to take on tasks to help the flow of the clinic and enhance the experience of the clients.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, organize and multi-task.
- Excellent problem solving/conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and the desire to implement systems to enhance workplace efficiency.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software and systems quickly; social media knowledge an asset.
- Customer service experience; experience working in a medical or therapy clinic is an asset.
- High School Diploma; Post-Secondary education in a related field is an asset.
- Experience working with online databases / booking systems is an asset.
- Experience working with insurance billing (ICBC, lawyers, direct billing, etc.) is an asset.
- Greeting of clients at the door and directing them to the appropriate spaces.
- Implementing COVID-19 Protocols.
- Clinical booking, scheduling and billing software.
- Taking payments, invoicing clients and third party payers and reconciling accounts.
- Understanding each health care professions’ scope of practice and the individual therapists expertise in order to answer questions and book potential clients with the best fit.
- Rebooking clients based on therapists treatment recommendations.
- Submit claims and liaise with third party insurance companies.
- Liaising with M.O.A.’s and other clinics to secure diagnostic imaging and reports.
- Monitoring accounts receivable and following up with unpaid invoices.
- Help with the upkeep of the clinic, including helping with the current enhanced cleaning protocols.
- Linen supply inventory.
- Cleaning of high touch surfaces and helping with therapists’ room cleaning when possible.
- General supply inventory and ordering.
Victoria, BC (Carey Road, near Uptown Mall)
This is a full time position starting at approximately 30 hours per week with opportunity to grow. 6-8 hour shifts ranging from 7:30am-7:30pm Monday to Friday.
$16-$18/hour depending on experience.
January 4th with a 2-week onboarding in December.
We are committed to keeping our staff, patients and community safe. We have implemented safety precautions and are following Provincial Health Guidelines to decrease the transmission of COVID-19.
If you are interested please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those shortlisted will be contacted.