Our number one concern is to keep you healthy and happy, therefore, we are connecting with our community to let you know what we are doing to address the growing concern surrounding the COVID-19 virus.
Our physical doors will remain closed until it is safe and recommended to open again. However we are now providing Telehealth appointments!
Here are some some great information about Telehealth
What is Telehealth?
- Telehealth is a way of delivering our health care service remotely and ideally through video conference.
How does it work?
- We set up an online appointment with you through our online booking sight JaneApp.
- Through this same platform we have the ability to invite you to a secure video conference without you having to download an application to your computer.
- Or you can log-in to your profile and find your Telehealth appointment waiting for you!
What does an appointment look like?
- We will talk with you about what you are experiencing and what your goals are.
- We will take you through an assessment using visual and verbal cues along with movement.
- From there we tailor the session to your individual needs (see the next point)
What services are provided?
- Athletic Therapy
- Injury care and prevention
- Movement Coaching
- Personal fitness and conditioning
- Mobility education
- Exercise instruction
- Personal Yoga
What can we provide you during a Telehealth session?
- Teaching rehabilitative exercises
- Strengthening, balance, mobility, stretching
- Focussing on the whole body
- Teaching safe home massage techniques
- Teaching safe self mobilization techniques
- Patient education
- Providing home exercise programs to help you achieve your fitness and performance goals
- Private yoga sessions
What do I need for a Telehealth session?
- A computer with a camera and a microphone
- Firefox and Google Chrome are the best web browsers to use for this platform)
- A little bit of space to move
- Wear athletic clothing that does not restrict movement
Third Party Insurance:
As you know, things are changing quickly and companies are attempting to respond to the current climate. Some insurance companies have indicated that they are accepting virtual health care claims, but we ask that you connect with your insurance representative to see what your policy is covering.
Other Tips for using Telehealth:
- If possible, please find a quiet place in your house for the appointment that you are comfortable with your therapist seeing.
- Ensure that you have an open space to move.
- If you have a small space to work in, please arrange a way to put your computer up high so that we are able to see your entire body when necessary.
- The space should be equipped with either carpet or a mat so that you can perform the exercises safely and comfortably.
We are accepting e-transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would prefer to pay via credit card, we can send you an invoice via Square so you can pay on-line.
Our community and support reaches beyond the clinic
We have also increased our online content through our social media channels to help keep you happy and healthy during this period of social-distancing. At-home workouts, recipes, blog posts, and challenges are available via Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. Maintaining healthy habits and a sense of community are crucial in these times of change and unknown. We hope you’ll sweat with us in the comfort of your own home!
We all have a part to play in mitigating the impacts of COVID-19. As difficult as this decision is, it is an opportunity to put community needs above our own.
Your understanding in our efforts are much appreciated. We can’t wait to see your smiling faces in the clinic again soon!