We are looking forward to seeing you in person again! Athletic Therapy and Massage Therapy are recognized services that fall under Phase 2 of BC’s Restart Plan. We have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure we meet the new public health requirements set out by Dr. Bonnie Henry and WorkSafe BC to keep you, our staff and our communities safe during this transition of re-opening our doors.
The Athlete Centre has re-opened and although we are committed to providing you the same quality care that you know and can expect, things will look a little different in the clinic. Please see below our new Policies and Procedures. This is a multi-phase approach and we will update the phases as appropriate and keep you informed of any changes.
- Pre-Appointment COVID Screen & Preparation: We will be using pre-screening for both staff and patients to decrease risk of transmission.
- You will be sent an online pre-screening form to fill out prior to your appointment even if you are a returning client. Please fill this out no sooner than 24 hours in advance of your appointment.
- We will not be able to see you in-person for any of the following reasons:
- you have travelled outside of BC in the past 14 days
- you have travelled to or been in contact with others from the Fraser Health Region or the Coastal Health Region in the past 14 days
- you have had a positive test for COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- you are exhibiting symptoms of ANY kind including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, etc
- you have been in contact with someone sick in the last 14 days
2. We have staggered our appointments times to decrease contact with other patients, decrease the number of patients and staff in the clinic at a time and have added more time in between appointments to ensure thorough cleaning and disinfecting between patients as we have implemented enhanced cleaning protocols.
- Note: We are going to be very mindful and doing our best to stay on time in order to properly clean and sanitize between appointments.
3. Arriving for Your Appointment: We will not be utilizing our waiting room during this time and the front doors will be locked.
- Upon arriving for your appointment, please remain in your vehicle until 2 minutes before your appointment time, and then in the outdoor waiting area until you are met by your Therapist.
- Please come to your appointment alone.
- If you require to be accompanied to your appointment (i.e. a minor) please limit to 1 additional person, who also meets the pre-screening requirements.
- Please arrive in treatment attire
- Please leave any unnecessary items, such as bags, coffee cups, etc in your car.
4. Upon Entering the Clinic:
- We will perform a verbal screen or ask you to do a self assessment upon arriving
- We ask that you reschedule your appointment when clinically appropriate if you answer “yes” to any of the screening questions.
- You will be provided with a medical grade mask to wear prior to entering the clinic and until you have left the building.
- You will be asked to wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20s or use hand sanitizer.
- Please do not wear gloves to the clinic.
- Since a distance of 2 metres cannot be maintained during treatment, staff and patients are required to wear medical masks at all times while in the clinic.
5. Informed Consent: We are providing all of the policies and procedures that The Athlete Centre has implemented with all our patients to ensure that you understand that while we’ve taken measures to minimize risk of viral transmission, the nature of our profession means that physical distancing is not possible at all times.
6. Booking Your Next Appointment: You can book your next appointment directly with your therapist or through our online booking system. https://athletecentre.janeapp.com
7. Upon leaving please wash or sanitize your hands.
If you are not comfortable or able to visit the clinic in person, we will continue to offer Telehealth sessions which have shown to be very effective when physical distancing must be maintained.
We are still providing Telehealth appointments!
Here are some some great information about Telehealth
What is Telehealth?
- Telehealth is a way of delivering our health care service remotely and ideally through video conference.
How does it work?
- We set up an online appointment with you through our online booking sight JaneApp.
- Through this same platform we have the ability to invite you to a secure video conference without you having to download an application to your computer.
- Or you can log-in to your profile and find your Telehealth appointment waiting for you!
What does an appointment look like?
- We will talk with you about what you are experiencing and what your goals are.
- We will take you through an assessment using visual and verbal cues along with movement.
- From there we tailor the session to your individual needs (see the next point)
What services are provided?
- Athletic Therapy
- Injury care and prevention
- Movement Coaching
- Personal fitness and conditioning
- Mobility education
- Exercise instruction
- Personal Yoga
- Nutritional Therapy
What can we provide you during a Telehealth session?
- Teaching rehabilitative exercises
- Strengthening, balance, mobility, stretching
- Focussing on the whole body
- Teaching safe home massage techniques
- Teaching safe self mobilization techniques
- Patient education
- Providing home exercise programs to help you achieve your fitness and performance goals
- Private yoga sessions
- Nutritional Consultations and planning
What do I need for a Telehealth session?
- A computer with a camera and a microphone
- Firefox and Google Chrome are the best web browsers to use for this platform)
- A little bit of space to move for active services
- Wear athletic clothing that does not restrict movement for active services
Third Party Insurance:
Most insurance companies accept virtual health care claims, but we ask that you connect with your insurance representative to see what your policy is covering.
Other Tips for using Telehealth:
- If possible, please find a quiet place in your house for the appointment that you are comfortable with your therapist seeing.
- Ensure that you have an open space to move.
- If you have a small space to work in, please arrange a way to put your computer up high so that we are able to see your entire body when necessary.
- The space should be equipped with either carpet or a mat so that you can perform the exercises safely and comfortably.
We are accepting e-transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org or credit card payments through our online system JaneApp.
Our community and support reaches beyond the clinic
We have also increased our online content through our social media channels to help keep you happy and healthy during this period of social-distancing. At-home workouts, recipes, blog posts, and challenges are available via Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. Maintaining healthy habits and a sense of community are crucial in these times of change and unknown. We hope you’ll sweat with us in the comfort of your own home!
We all have a part to play in mitigating the impacts of COVID-19. As difficult as this decision is, it is an opportunity to put community needs above our own.
Your understanding in our efforts are much appreciated. We can’t wait to see your smiling faces in the clinic again soon!